The Lubar School of Business STEM-Designated Master of Business Administration (MBA) provides the specialized business skills needed to meet an individual's career goals. Lubar offers a major metropolitan learning laboratory where dynamic individuals, applied project work, and superb business connections translate into a rewarding life-long career.
Faculty are connected to leading-edge business knowledge using real-world business challenges. There is an emphasis on critical and analytical thinking, collaboration with fellow students, and networking with successful executives and professional inside and outside the classroom.
Lubar School of Business offers a full array of MBA programs to meet professional needs:
- MBA with the opportunity to specialize in a Career-Focused Certificate (Business Analytics, Enterprise Resource Planning, Entrepreneurship, Finance, Health Care Management, Marketing, and Supply Chain Management) through in-person or hybrid delivery.
- Accelerated Online MBA Format employing eight- or sixteen-week courses and asynchronous online delivery to allow completion of the degree in as little as one year.
- Executive MBA aimed at seasoned managers who will leverage their professional experience while broadening management knowledge through one of two concentrations (Global Strategic Leadership or Integrated Health Care Leadership). The program includes collaborative technologies, advanced management research, applied learning projects, and an international trip.
An applicant must meet Graduate School requirements plus the following program requirements to be considered for admission:
- Submission of score on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) or Graduate Record Examination (GRE).
- Review by the MBA Program Committee to assess academic achievement and the ability to do intensive graduate-level work.
MBA foundation coursework provides the basis for the theory and practice of business. The MBA Program requires BUS ADM 701, and BUS ADM 703. BUS ADM 701 is waived for individuals who have completed an appropriate academic course in their background, or have earned an appropriate Quantitative sub-score on the GMAT or GRE, or have passed the proficiency exam. BUS ADM 703 is waived for individuals who have completed an appropriate course in their background, or have passed the proficiency exam. BUS ADM 701 and BUS ADM 703 do not count toward the degree. Students are also assumed to have basic proficiency in information technology (IT), including the use of word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and web browsers. Online resources are available for BUS ADM 701, BUS ADM 703, and IT.
Credits and Courses
The degree requirements for the Master of Business Administration degree are 33-39 credits. Students with a BBA degree and a major in accounting, finance, marketing, information technology management, or supply chain and operations management will be waived from the 3-credit Core course that corresponds to their major field of study. Students with an undergraduate double major in business, from an AACSB accredited institution, may be waived from two Core courses.
|Accounting Analysis and Control|
|Managing in a Dynamic Environment|
|Information Technology Management in International Businesses|
|Marketing Strategy: Concepts and Practice|
|Predictive Analytics for Managers|
|Global Supply Chain Strategies & Competitive Operations|
|Strategic Management 1|
|Select 15 elective credits 2||15|
Students in the MBA program have two options for completion of elective credits. The first route is to complete any approved Bus Adm or BusMgmt elective course. The second option is to choose a Career-Focused Concentration, completion of which will be documented on the transcript.
See http://uwm.edu/business/academics/graduate/mba-programs/flexible-mba/ for additional details.
Major Professor as Advisor
The student in the MBA program is not assigned an advisor or major professor. Questions about the student’s program of study, courses or regulations should be directed to Lubar School Graduate Program Services Office, Lubar N458, (414) 251-5252.