The Online Graduate Certificate in Enterprise Resource Planning is designed for students who desire a sequence of graduate-level courses that focus specifically on the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) area.
The growing use of ERP systems in organizations is driving the need for IT professionals with ERP competencies. The Online Graduate Certificate in ERP leverages the significant SAP expertise of faculty at the Lubar College, which is home to one of only five SAP University Competence Centers in the world.
This five-course sequence prepares students for the SAP Certified Application Associate exam and includes a simulation game and instruction in the use of business intelligence tools. The certificate can be completed in less than one year.
This program can be completed as a standalone certificate or in combination with a master’s degree program.
Application deadlines vary by program, please review the application deadline chart for specific programs. Other important dates and deadlines can be found by using the One Stop calendars.
Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree and have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average to be admitted in to a certificate program.
- Students wishing to obtain this certificate must declare their intention by applying to the program office or director.
- All graduate certificate applicants—even those already enrolled in a UWM graduate program—must apply to the Graduate School through the Panthera Admission Application.
- Graduate degree and previously admitted graduate non-degree students who decide to pursue a certificate program must submit the Panthera application before completing 6 credits in the certificate sequence.
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree and have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average to be admitted into a certificate program.
Credits and Courses
To obtain the certificate, a student must complete 15 credits of required coursework.
|BUS ADM 811||Process and Work-Flow Management||3|
|BUS ADM 816||Business Intelligence Technologies & Solutions||3|
|BUSMGMT 732||Enterprise Resource Planning||3|
|BUSMGMT 733||Enterprise Simulation Game||3|
|BUSMGMT 734||Enterprise Resource Planning Certification (capstone)||3|
No more than 20% of the required credits may be taken at an institution other than UWM. These courses are subject to Graduate School transfer policy and must be approved by the director of the certificate program.
Grade Point Average Requirement
A minimum cumulative 3.00 grade point average in certificate courses taken at UWM is required.
Articulation with Degree Programs
- Credits and courses required for a certificate may double count toward meeting UWM graduate degree requirements subject to the following restrictions:
- Degree programs must approve the courses from certificates that can double count toward the degree.
- All credits taken in completion of certificate requirements may count towards a UWM graduate degree as long as they do not contribute more than 90% of the total credits needed to obtain the degree. (Note: Students in PhD programs must still complete the minimum residency requirements)
- Certificate courses used toward meeting degree requirements must be completed within the time limit for transfer credit.
- Courses completed for a degree may be counted toward a subsequent certificate, subject to all certificate policy requirements.
- A course may count toward no more than one certificate and one degree.
- Students may not earn a certificate subsequent to a concentration in the same area.
Certificate program time limits shall be established as follows:
- 18 or fewer credits/Three years from initial enrollment in the certificate sequence.
- 19 or more credits/Four years from initial enrollment in the certificate sequence.
For certificates that are designed as add-ons to degree programs and are awarded concurrent with the degree, the time limit shall be the same as that of the degree program.