The Graduate Certificate in Marketing is designed for students who desire a sequence of graduate-level courses that focus specifically on marketing topics. The certificate spans key topics that are relevant in today’s ever-changing landscape, such as marketing research, product and brand management, internet marketing, marketing analytics, and more. Lubar academic faculty, together with experienced marketing executives, will bring their real-world experience to the classroom, providing students with the knowledge needed to advance their practice.
This program can be completed as a standalone certificate or in combination with a master’s degree program.
- Students wishing to obtain this certificate must declare their intention by applying to the program office or director.
- All graduate certificate applicants—even those already enrolled in a UWM graduate program—must apply to the Graduate School through the Panthera Admission Application.
- Graduate degree and previously admitted graduate non-degree students who decide to pursue a certificate program must submit the Panthera application before completing 6 credits in the certificate sequence.
- Applicants must possess a baccalaureate degree and have a minimum 2.75 cumulative undergraduate grade point average to be admitted in to a certificate program.
Students currently enrolled in a UWM graduate program are eligible to earn the Graduate Certificate in Marketing. Persons not currently enrolled must apply for admission to the Certificate and must possess, at a minimum, a bachelor’s degree with an overall GPA of 2.75 or better.
Credits and Courses
|Strategic Product and Brand Management|
|Electives - Choose two courses from the list below:||6|
|New Product Development|
|Seminar in Marketing:|
|Buyer Behavior and Marketing Communications|
|Marketing for Nonprofit Organizations|
No more than 20% of the required credits may be taken at an institution other than UWM. A maximum of one three-credit course from another AACSB-accredited graduate program may be transferred. These courses are subject to Graduate School transfer policy.
Grade Point Average Requirement
A minimum cumulative 3.00 grade point average in certificate courses taken at UWM is required.
Articulation with Degree Programs
- Credits and courses required for a certificate may double count toward meeting UWM graduate degree requirements subject to the following restrictions:
- Degree programs must approve the courses from certificates that can double count toward the degree.
- All credits taken in completion of certificate requirements may count towards a UWM graduate degree as long as they do not contribute more than 90% of the total credits needed to obtain the degree. (Note: Students in PhD programs must still complete the minimum residency requirements)
- Certificate courses used toward meeting degree requirements must be completed within the time limit for transfer credit.
- Courses completed for a degree may be counted toward a subsequent certificate, subject to all certificate policy requirements.
- A course may count toward no more than one certificate and one degree.
- Students may not earn a certificate subsequent to a concentration in the same area.
Certificate program time limits shall be established as follows:
- 18 or fewer credits/Three years from initial enrollment in the certificate sequence.
- 19 or more credits/Four years from initial enrollment in the certificate sequence.
For certificates that are designed as add-ons to degree programs and are awarded concurrent with the degree, the time limit shall be the same as that of the degree program.