Starting college undecided is extremely common. Nearly 1 in 4 new students at UWM haven’t chosen a major. Our specialized advisors will guide you in your course selection, allowing you to explore your options while keeping you on track for a timely graduation.
Our undecided students choose from six exploratory pathways called metamajors, that allow you to explore multiple majors focused around a general academic theme. Our six metamajors are
- Arts, Design, & Innovation
- Business, Industry, & Applied Technology
- Engineering & Natural Sciences
- Humanities & Communication
- Social & Behavioral Sciences
For more information about these metamajors, including potential majors and career outcomes, visit uwm.edu/undecided.